Contact an Attorney in Royse City, TX to Get Help Fast

by | May 16, 2016 | Lawyers and Law Firms

Driving after having quite a few drinks is something most people know can lead to a serious accident or to a DUI charge. Regardless, many people will have just one or two drinks with dinner and believe they’re fine to drive. Unfortunately, they might not realize that just one or two drinks can put them over the legal limit to drive, and they might be arrested and charged with a DUI. In these cases, they’ll need to contact an attorney in Royse City, TX, as soon as possible.

Consequences of a DUI

The person will be facing serious penalties from the charge, including jail time, fines, and the loss of their license for a specific amount of time. They’ll also end up with a criminal record that might prevent them from finding a job in the future or make it more difficult to find a place to live. Depending on their job, if they have to drive, they could end up losing their current job as well. All of this can be avoided if they can have the charges dismissed, but they won’t be able to do that on their own.

Working with an Attorney

In some cases, working with an attorney can help make the charges disappear. The attorney might be able to show that the BAC (blood alcohol content) test equipment wasn’t properly calibrated and the results aren’t accurate. If the results aren’t accurate, they cannot be used as evidence, and there may not be enough other evidence for the person to be charged. This means the entire charge is dismissed, and the person doesn’t have to worry about the above consequences. This won’t work in every case, but there are similar defenses an attorney can use as well, to try to have the charges dismissed.

If you’ve been arrested and charged with a DUI, especially if you don’t believe you were over the legal limit, talk to an attorney in Royse City, TX, immediately. There’s no time to waste when it comes to charges like these. Visit the website of the Law Offices of Tim Hartley today to learn more or to contact a lawyer who can help you.

Latest Articles