Get Help from the Parenting Time Attorneys in Chandler, AZ

by | Jul 10, 2017 | Lawyers

When a person becomes a parent, they have certain rights that protect them and their relationship with their child. One of these rights is being allowed ample time to spend with their child. Unless they are found unfit and dangerous, they have the right to visitation with their child. Outside of joint custody orders, parents have the right to see their child on a regular schedule that can be agreed upon by the parents or drawn up in family court. When a parent is not being allowed to see their child on a regular basis, they can fight for their rights with parenting time attorneys in Chandler, AZ.

An attorney will first meet with the person so they can share information on their situation. It is important a person is thorough and provides accurate information, so the lawyer will be able to review the case and help their client prepare for court. The only time a parent’s rights for seeing their child can be denied is when the child’s physical, mental, emotional, or moral health would be endangered due to contact with that parent.

In the state of Arizona, parenting time disputes are sometimes handled through mediation. The court system will sometimes refer parents to mediation services so they and their attorneys can sit down and discuss the parenting time issues and hopefully be able to come to a successful agreement. If the parents cannot agree, the court will make the decision based on the following:

  *    The age of the child

  *    The health of the child

  *    The parent’s schedule

  *    The distance between the two parent’s homes

  *    The living conditions of the parent

  *    The health of the parent

  *    The child’s schedule

While it is best if two parents can agree on parenting time, this is not always possible. If you and the other parent of your child cannot agree on visitation, make sure you protect your rights with legal help. For more information, visit the website of the law firm of Janet R. Feeley, L.L.C. and ask for a consultation appointment right away. They will be happy to help you with your case.

Latest Articles