Anytime that a person is on a motorcycle, he or she is exposed and vulnerable to severe injuries. Because motorcycles have only two wheels rather than four, they’re far less stable than passenger cars. They also have lower and narrower profiles than cars. There is no steel body with crumple zones surrounding a rider, and there are no seat restraint or air bag systems to protect a motorcyclist when an accident occurs.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Every motorcycle crash involves a different set of facts. Here are some common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Drivers of other vehicles making left turns in front of oncoming motorcycles.
- Drivers engaging in distracted driving like texting when driving, talking on a cell phone or using an infotainment center.
- Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or a combination of the two.
- Motorists who follow a motorcycle too closely and cause a rear-end accident.
- Motorists making lane changes and hitting a motorcycle in a blind spot.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Given the lack of protection in an accident, motorcyclists typically suffer more severe injuries than drivers and occupants of passenger cars. Here are some the common
motorcycle accident injuries that our motorcycle accidents lawyers Greeley CO see:
- Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Damage to vital organs.
- Multiple fractures.
- Joint damage.
- Road rash with serious infection.
If you were injured or lost a family member in a motorcycle accident in or around Greeley, contact the motorcycle accidents lawyers Greeley CO at the Richard Blundell Law Office by calling 800-705-9032 to arrange for a free consultation and case review. You can also use our easy contact form at http://blundelllaw.com.